Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Libya War

The fact that the U.S is entering another war is just insane. We just got out of a war and now we have to deal with this guy Saddam Hussein. Is he a new Hitler? Lately that is the question I have been asking myself. 
If I came up to you and said, “If you don’t follow everything I do and say then I will kill you!” what would you do? Would you go against me? I sure would. This guy Saddam Hussein is not very intelligent for saying that. He should have known that everybody would go against him sooner or later. The fact that he didn’t know that is scary. He will now have to go into a war with all of the other countries just so that he will get shot down by them as well.
In these days nobody wants to hear bad news. Especially families that have family members in the army. Why would we put more soldiers out in the war when we know that it is a stupid war to start with? 
My honest opinion about this war is that, we should not have to fight. I know we have a great army force but we are just getting out of the Iraq fight and going into a new one! How long is this one going to last? Could it be World War lll? No, I honestly doubt it. This war that we are fighting in is honestly one of the most mindless thing we have done. 
I honestly don’t know what President Obama was thinking when he had us sign up for helping out in this war! It’s not like we are the “clean up duty”. I am not saying that Libya doesn’t need help, because it does. I am saying that we shouldn’t have to always be the police in this world! 
What our world needs is to be able to get along in harmony. We need to have peace in our world. Earth should not be a place of violence. It should be a place for us to learn and grow. If you want to be in the army that’s great for you, go and learn how to do that! I’m not saying that all wars are bad! Without wars I probably wouldn’t be here today. Utah had to fight to become a state. The United States had to fight to become a country! We all have to fight to get what we want, but sometimes a compromise is the best solution. Actually, most of the time it is. We need to learn how to be able to turn the lemons that life gives us and make it into lemonade for everybody. We need to discover how to be able to get along with our neighbor countries.
Saddam Hussein was just trying to get control of his country. He decided to go all out and be so violent to those who needed a good leader. I think we should take advantage of our free world and show Libya that there is a way to compromise. There is always a way that you can get out of a fight. We don’t just need to stop the violence. We HAVE to stop the violence! There can be less intense fights. No, verbal fights aren’t the answer all of the time. We can make it so there are no more wars for foolish subjects. 
We have the chance now to make things right with the world. That is exactly what we should do. We need to be able to show everybody that there is a way to make it all work out! The people of Libya can have independence without having to fight! I think that is what President Obama was thinking when he signed us up for this war. I would have also. I know that in the beginning I said that war was not a good thing, but we need war in order to have peace. We need war to be able to be free. That is my honest opinion about the Libya War.

No comments:

Post a Comment